UWC Application for Afghans 2022 Entry
APPLY to UWC via the UWC National Committee of Afghanistan
The UWC National Committee of Afghanistan welcomes applications from students who are Afghan citizens currently living in Afghanistan, or who are living in any other countries as refugees. Please note, if you are a permanent resident or a citizen of another country other than Afghanistan, you are not qualified to apply through the UWC National Committee of Afghanistan. Please apply through the national committee where you are a citizen or have permanent residency.
Unlike last year, the application process this year will be conducted entirely online. This means, you can apply from wherever you are and don't have to worry about the overall logistical procedures during the selection process.
Please read the following important notes before starting your application.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
Before applying, you should make every effort to learn about the United World Colleges. Please refer to UWC website by clicking here
- Only applicants born between August 1, 2003 and September 1, 2007 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must provide a valid Tazkira and/or a valid Afghan passport. Any applicant who does not provide a valid Tazkira and/or a valid Afghan passport will be disqualified.
- This application must be your own work. Any indication of outside help with your application - at any stage of the process - is ground for immediate disqualification.
- Please ensure you provide a valid e-mail address and a telephone number. Applications without a clear e-mail address and telephone number to contact the applicant will be rejected.
- If you are nominated by the national committee, you will be responsible for obtaining all travel documents (passport, visa, etc.). We can make no guarantees that you will receive a visa. Applicants who do not receive a visa may have their offer to UWC revoked.
- The UWC scholarship is for a two-year residential programme (with separate rooms for male and female); parental consent is required for applications to be considered.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- The application deadline is Wednesday, December 15, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Kabul time. Late applications will not be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We recommend you do NOT leave the application submission to the last minutes.
- Once your application is submitted, please check your email to ensure you have received a confirmation email from us indicating your application has been received. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
To begin your application, please click on the register button on the top right corner of this page. Once registered, please create your eligibility profile to continue.
Please make sure to choose "UWC National Committee" as the route to apply to UWC, unless you are planning to apply through the UWC Global Selection Programme. If you choose the UWC Global Selection Programme, you will not be directed to the UWC Afghanistan application form and will not be eligible for a scholarship.
The UWC National Committee of Afghanistan select candidates based on the following criteria:
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation: You have a genuine urge to learn about the world around you. You can grasp a range of local and global issues, and have the ability to analyse them critically.
- Active commitment: You can question, confront and reflect on the values of yourself, your family and your community. You are able to act your beliefs responsibly, and with courage.
- Social competence: You can make contact with others, work together, and interact respectfully. You can express yourself in different situations, to different people, and achieve solutions together.
- Resilience, personal responsibility and integrity: You can look after yourself physically and emotionally during challenging situations. You are motivated to adhere to UWC’s principles, and have a sense of humility and a willingness to listen.
- Motivation: You have a passion and ability to contribute to UWC, and actively promote its values.
To learn more about UWC selection criteria and UWC values, please visit uwc.org.