UWC Application for Afghans
APPLY to UWC via the UWC National Committee of Afghanistan
The UWC National Committee of Afghanistan welcomes applications from students who are Afghanistan citizens residing in Afghanistan, or in any of its neighboring countries as refugees. If you are a refugee in any of Afghanistan's neighboring countries, please see the below note regarding the in-person examination.
Please read the following important notes before starting your application.
Applicants between the ages of 16 and 19 years can apply.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
Before applying, you should make every effort to learn about the United World Colleges
- This application must be your own work. Any indication of outside assistance with your application - at any stage of the process - is grounds for immediate disqualification
- Please ensure you provide a valid e-mail address and telephone number. Applications without a clear e-mail address and/or telephone number to contact the applicant will be rejected.
- If you are nominated by the National Committee, you will be responsible for obtaining all travel documents (passport, visa, etc.). We can make no guarantees that you will receive a visa. Applicants who do not receive a visa may have their offer to the UWC revoked.
- The UWC scholarship is for a two-year residential programme (with separate rooms for male and female); parental consent is required for applications to be considered.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- The EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE is Wednesday, November 25, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Kabul time. Any late application will not be considered. Incomplete applications will be not considered. We recommend you to NOT leave the application submission to last minutes.
- Once your application is submitted, please check your email to ensure you have received a confirmation email from us indicating your application has been received. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
To begin your application, please click on the register button on the top right corner of this page. Once registered, please create your eligibility profile to continue.
Please make sure to choose "UWC National Committee" as the route to apply to UWC, unless you are planning to apply through the UWC Global Selection Programme. If you choose the UWC Global Selection Programme, you will not be directed to the UWC Afghanistan application form.
If you have any questions about eligibility, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Any success applicants residing in Pakistan, Iran, Tajikistan, or any other neighboring countries must be able to travel to Afghanistan for the in-person examination. If for any reason, you are not able to attend the in-person examination in Afghanistan, please make a note of this in your application and the National Committee of Afghanistan will look for alternative options.