UWC Macedonia Application (National Committee Selection)
This application will serve as the initial selection stage for candidates attending the United World Colleges from 2022 to 2024. The form needs to be filled out independently by each candidate in only one of the languages provided as choices (except one of the essays) and must be submitted via the UWC SurveyMonkey Apply platform. No supplementary documentation needs to be submitted along with this application; however, the Macedonian National Committee for the United World Colleges reserves the right to request additional paperwork in the subsequent stages of the selection process. For more information on the UWC movement and the overall selection process, please visit our website mk.uwc.org or contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application consists of questions regarding your personal and academic details, followed by 5 mandatory short questions + 1 optional one, an analytical essay, and a creative essay. After submission, this application will be anonymized, and graders will not know who it is from. Please don't reference your own name at any point in your answers to the short questions or the essays.
The deadline for submissions is: 11:59 PM on November 20, 2021.
Each candidate must be:
- currently studying in his/her second or third year of high school.
- a citizen of the Republic of North Macedonia and/or have officially resided in the Republic of North Macedonia for the last 5 years.
- familiar with the English language, at least at a basic level.
- Candidates apply directly to the Macedonian National Committee as a representative entity of the UWC movement in the Republic of North Macedonia, not to individual colleges.
- By applying directly to the Macedonian National Committee, candidates confirm that they have not applied nor plan to apply for the United World Colleges via the Global Selection Programme (GSP). Applying via both routes will lead to the candidates being disqualified from the selection process.
- While the Macedonian National Committee for the United World Colleges endeavors to secure scholarships for each of the nominated students upon demonstrated financial need, the tuition fees at the colleges may be subject to full or partial scholarships. Scholarships are awarded solely on the basis of demonstrated financial need.